Saturday, June 26, 2010

Training Ride - GTR Saturday, 26 June

Today we rode out of Stone Mountain, through Decatur (got it right this time), into Little Five and midtown, and then back out... maybe I got Decatur in there in the wrong order (or maybe we went through twice?), but that's roughly what we did. It was a really good ride, albeit hot at the end. We didn't practice any special techniques besides pace lines toward the end, but it was great to get out with the TEAM again and get to know some of the riders better.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 31.8 mph
Average speed: 14.2 mph
Distance: 40.27 mi
Time: 2.49.17

See? Good ride. It was a little slow, probably in no small part because of the heat as the day progressed, but I think it also had to do with the fact that Stone Mtn/Atlanta are hillier than PTC. I think we still made good time for a 40-mile ride. I felt great immediately afterward, but by the time I got to the third patio challenge patio (third one overall, not third one today) I was totally drained and I could feel my head shrinking. I chalk this up to the massive amount of sun I had up to and including that point, the very hot heat (mid-nineties, again) and the lots of fluids I'd been drinking.

Wait, strike that last one. That should've helped...

No comments:

Post a Comment