Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The seasons starts anew... and a book review.

And so it begins: the snow and ice have melted from the roads (thanks to yesterday's drizzle), making them navigable and clear. I rode to school this morning, in my official (mental) kickoff for the new cycling season. Tomorrow is the mentor training session, and I JUST heard from V that she's thinking about joining the TEAM this season (alas, for Tahoe, but it's still Very Exciting)!

What a great day!

Aside: last night I read a book, The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein. It is simply an amazing book, and I couldn't put it down. I finished it at 3:00a this morning, sobbing more noisily than I ever have done over any media before. I'll let you in on a secret: it even scared the dog. I highly recommend this book: I could even cry now just thinking about how lovely it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment