Sunday, February 27, 2011

Recovery Ride - Sunday, 27 February

Today, like last Sunday, I joined the Kirkwood group for the ride. It was the same route as last week, with a few minor tweaks once we got to the village of Stone Mountain, but still a good ride. I was worried after yesterday's hills that today would suck and it only did a little bit: I kept hydrated and had my fig newtons at about the half-way point, so I think that was all it took. I can definitely feel that my legs are tired now, and I'll have to do like a 30 minute recovery on the Freedom Parkway path or stationary tomorrow to really stretch them out.

Even so, I'm not nearly as tired as I thought I might be after yesterday, which goes to prove that I could've/should've pushed harder on the GTR than I did. I won't get the opportunity to very often.

Stats:

Maximum speed: 29.8 mph
Average speed: 12.7 mph
Distance: 33.01 mi
Time: 2.35.49

Again, not bad. I won't lie: I'm really looking forward to riding in Cherokee County next Saturday: it'll make Sunday so much sweeter : )

No comments:

Post a Comment