Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Training Ride - Wednesday, 30 June

Today I rode out of the Highlands again. It was basically the same route as last Wednesday, with a few different turns here and there. I felt really good and rode faster than I did last week. I was actually very surprised to see that. After Monday's ride I was hoping for a good outing today, and I'm pleased that I had one--on paper, at least. I ran this morning--Starburst and I thought today would be a good one for Office Dog Day, so Sikari and I ran the mile and a half into school. We made good time, but it killed my legs. I'm glad I ran, but the lesson is that it's a bad idea to run on a ride day. And it's especially bad to run cold on any day. So my legs were lead for the ride, but it was enjoyable all the same. Definitely an improvement over Monday.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 36.6 mph
Average speed: 13.1 mph
Distance: 25.44 mi
Time: 1.55.40

Also, on a personal note, I'm happy to report that I've left the weight loss plateau and am down 3-4 pounds since returning from break.

No comments:

Post a Comment