Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Training Ride - Wednesday, 14 July

Happy Bastille Day! If it weren't for those French rabblerousers, we would have to make fun of an entirely different country. Let them eat cake, indeed!

Today I rode the intown ride again, though I think it was a different route than we've done in the past. I noticed today that we rode past Agnes Scott, so either this is the first time I've looked up in the last month or it really was a new route. It felt pretty good, though slow (hilly! hilly!) and my legs were heavy from the beginning. It was also very hot and, having ridden my bike to the start, I noticed it. I drank my water very fast and at about a fifth of the way into the ride I'd drunk well over half my water. It was really hot. But not the kind of hot when it's in the middle of the day and you're on open roads and can feel the heat radiating off the pavement and from the sun... it was merely an atmospheric hot, which is, apparently, worse.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 35.0 mph
Average speed: 13.1 mph
Distance: 23.38 mi
Time: 1.46.48

I could've tacked on an extra couple miles by riding home, but I was convinced that getting a beer at the restaurant afterward would be a better use of my time.

Also, there are times I just don't like me. Oh well, I like to think we all have those moments. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute.

    We are donating to your ride...soon, need to do the budget first :)

    Hope you're having fun along with all this work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see it! Yea! I am having fun, when I'm not beating myself up for not being perfectly loyal to the training schedule : )

    Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete