Sunday, February 13, 2011

Your Personal Heroes

Those receiving my fundraising letter will already know this, but for those of you who've found this page online via happenstance, Facebook, or my training blog are likely unaware of a new dimension I am adding to the ride this year.

This year, I will be riding in honor and in memory of all of my donors' personal heroes, by sewing a purple ribbon to my jersey, with the name of each hero written on it. If you are making an online donation and would like your hero to ride with me, please indicate that in your comments or in the "In Memory/Honor of" box of the form. It will be my honor to ride with them.

I am doing this because a number of TEAMmates last year ran a similar campaign, and the end result was an incredibly emotional, moving tribute to the brave souls who fight cancer without having a say as to whether they wanted to join the battle. These ribbons serve as a reminder for what this mission is all about.

(cross-posted to my fundraising page)

No comments:

Post a Comment