Saturday, April 23, 2011

Training ride - Saturday, 23 April

After last week's ride, K asked me to sweep for this week in PTC. I told her absolutely I would do it. Before the ride this morning, I talked to her to get an idea of what the goals for the day should be for that group, beyond making it to the end. We didn't really meet any of them.

It started out chilly, but not too bad, and drizzly with a lot of fog. I won't lie, I was anxious for the sun. The ladies and I rode well, and I truly didn't even notice the speed and how long we were taking on the ride except for when I would look at the actual clock time. I'll sum it up here: we finished between 2 and 3 hours.after everyone else. The killer was the stop time at the SAGs.... we spent too long at each, and that was my fault for not getting everyone going. The actual riding time was quite reasonable.

Stats:

Maximum speed: 29.5 mph
Average speed: 12.6 mph
Distance: 59.94 mi
Time: 4.43.40

Total time... something like 6.25 hours, assuming a 9:00a start.

It was a pleasant ride otherwise, and I am so impressed with how far T and D have come. Of course, it is a joy and a pleasure to ride with C, too.

I rode in the dog shoes today and felt fine, too. Afterward, L invited us all to her pool for a picnic. We rolled in after everyone had been there for a few hours. I do like to make an entrance. I am so grateful for V and her patience today. I had a great time with her this weekend. And, I love my TNT friends! It is so totally worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment