Friday, April 15, 2011

Weekday Ride - Thursday, 14 April

Except for commuting to school on Tuesday and Thursday this week, last night was the first time I'd been on the bike since last week's Brookhaven loops. I got there and felt like my legs were water-logged and heavy. On my rides to and from school, I've also often felt the need to just super stretch my quads, so I think that I need to be better about focusing on stretches. That is, it feels SO good to tighten my legs, that I think they need to be loosened... if that makes sense.

Anyway, I think the lack of riding and the pushing it in the wind on the commute before the ride last night contributed to my relative tiredness. I spent yesterday morning fixing the brakes on the Fuji (need a new cable... again) and then installed the new computer on the Felt. I'll tell you, I am very excited. The display is a little confusing, because there is so much always being presented (e.g., cadence, speed, and time, and then a rotating display at the bottom!) but I think I'll get used to it. It seemed pretty accurate, too, so I'm looking forward to having a few years' of quality time with it. I'm also looking forward to riding more regularly again, now that some of my deadlines have eased.

Stats:

Maximum speed: 29.8 mph
Average speed: 15.1 mph
Distance: 20.36 mi
Time: 1.20.31

My goal had been to finish with an average about 15.0, which I did. It helped that I rode with A, who is, apparently, as competitive as I am. She would get ahead of me, and then when I would catch her, she wouldn't let me pass! She's so fun to ride with, and I am looking forward to training with her more. Sadly, she's riding Tahoe, so she'll be on the other side of the country (with everyone else) for the big day.

I'll say, the best part about starting training so early in the year is that I'll be ready for more rides sooner in the summer. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment