Saturday, May 28, 2011

Training ride - Saturday, 28 May

Today was an unofficial GTR for the Fletcher team, as the Tahoe team shipped their bikes yesterday. Seven of us showed up and rode a half today at Silk Sheets, and it was, in the end, a good ride. Our two stops were at Roscoe's store, which we pass at mile 16 and 30, so it was a good day to practice self-support.

Stats:

Maximum speed: 32.8 mph
Average speed: 15.0 mph
Distance: 49.63 mi
Time: 3.16.27

That's not bad, I think it's the fastest I've ridden Silk Sheets this season. This surprises me, because I thought that today's ride sucked. The entire freaking time. From the beginning, my quads were dead. I thought maybe I would work it out after warming up, but such was not the case. At the end of the ride, walking up the stairs to my apartment, my legs hurt: the muscles above my knees (quads, I guess) felt as if someone had taken a bat and hit me across the legs. I seriously just feel dead. I didn't ride last weekend, and all week I've totaled maybe 15 miles before today. I don't know if it was the swimming on Wednesday, the decrease in riding, or the riding of the Fuji and not the Felt. Whatever it was, I felt the whole ride as if I had already blown it out over 50 miles. just dead tired. I was incredibly surprised at the numbers.

Thanks to A and C, especially, for sufficiently distracting me such that I didn't pay attention to the length of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment