Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kirkwood Sunday Ride - Sunday, 12 June

I guess I can't really properly call this a recovery ride anymore, at least not for a while. We rode out to Stone Mountain, per usual, and I actually felt pretty good for not having ridden since Fletcher a week ago. K and I even opted to do a small loop around the mountain. We took a different route back, which was a nice change of pace.

The loop around the mountain didn't seem to take as long or be as steep as usual. Apparently, I have trained pretty well this season.

I had also had a late night for V's bday celebration, which may or may not have had something to do with me pre- and post-ride ickiness.

Stats:
Maximum speed: unknown...
Average speed: 14.1 mph
Distance: 32.65 mi
Time: 2.19.15

K and I met a couple starting training for her first century, the Seagull Century in Maryland, which loops out to Assateague (sp?) island. It's in October, so we decided we are going to do it, and gather a team of KSR regulars to join us. Yea! Best idea I had all day.

I am looking forward to the ride in the gaps next weekend, too, I think it'll be a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment