Monday, March 19, 2012

Training Ride - Saturday, 17 March

It was a luscious green St. Patrick's Day down in Silk Sheets, with only the best weather for this year's team. There wasn't much wind, the sun was shining, and we got to ride the 35-mile route in reverse. I tell you, it was a pleasant change to ride the roads backwards, and so simple. It made me remember why I first loved riding in the area, before we were there too much last year.

Saturday's clinic was pacelining, and boy, did it take. At one point we had...6? 7? people, all new to the team, in a sweet line. Some work still could be done, but it was a sight to behold.

Behold; it's a sight.


Stats:
Maximum speed: 32.9 mph
Average speed: 13.6 mph
Distance: 38.40 mi
Time: 2.48.50

It was, all told, a great ride. At the end, feeling "froggy", I went out to meet up with a later group and rode in with them for the extra miles and company. It was perfect, and I felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment