Friday, May 28, 2010

Training Ride - Friday, 28 May

As it is Memorial Day Weekend (really, my favorite weekend of the year), tomorrow through Monday is packed with picnics, parades, and other festivities. Thus, I chose to ride tomorrow's 30 miles today -- for those following on Facebook, I'd thought I would ride it tomorrow morning with my dad, but when he got back from golf the weather was holding so we decided to go for it.

I'd found a good map on mapmyrun.com, and it goes pretty near our house so we didn't have to drive to the start. We started out and I felt really good, even with a light headwind for some of it. Dad's legs, on the other hand, were not doing great and about halfway in he decided to bow out rather than struggle up any more hills. I rode most of the way home with him and then decided to try to add the rest of the distance by going along the canal. I came up a couple of miles short, but it still felt like a good ride.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 31.6 mph
Average speed: 14.5 mph
Distance: 28.37 mi
Time: 1.57.06

No comments:

Post a Comment