Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Training Ride - Wednesday, 9 June

Today I woke up and the sky was overcast and dreary. Oh, and it was cold. I don't mean freezing cold like winter in the NE sense. I mean cold like, even though I grew up in NY it's still strange to have a 53-degree day in June sense. I think the high today was 63. It wasn't bad, but it would've been more bearable if there had been some sun. It was quite the contrast with yesterday.

Given the weather, it shouldn't come as a surprise that I had a hard time motivating myself to ride more than the required 15 miles today. It would have been nice to have one last Wednesday ride with the bike club, but I just wasn't feeling it. I almost didn't ride at all, but I knew that, even if I were to make it up tomorrow I would hate myself for delaying the ride, especially given how difficulty it will be to get in 55 miles this weekend, what with all the travel I have to do.

(Now that I think about it, though, I may just go for a 35-mile ride on Friday and then do the 20-mile recovery ride on Saturday in PA once I get to ARA's. That doesn't sound too bad, actually.)

Anyway, all I did was an out-and-back on the canal path, just to say that I did it and not hate myself for being a complete waste of air today.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 25.9 mph
Average speed: 15.1 mph
Distance: 14.97 mi
Time: 0.59.15

I'm looking forward to getting back to GA so that I can meet and start training with my team, as well has have my regular 5 mi commutes each day. I think that sounds just about heavenly.

For those following along at home, tomorrow, if the weather holds, I will make some headway on the deck. There's no reason I can't finish sanding the damn thing, at least, as long as it's dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment