Saturday, July 17, 2010

Training Ride - GTR Saturday, 17 July

This morning I woke up at around sunrise to walk the dog before the ride this morning. We rode in Cartersville, about an hour north of here. It was neat because it, like Silk Sheets, is a popular ride (understandably), so there were a lot of cyclists (and runners, weird) at the parking lot. We rode out of the Budweiser factory there, pretty cool.

The ride itself was really great -- I averaged 16.5 or so for the first 20-30 miles and slowed down from there because I thought I was lost (I was, sort of). It was SO nice out -- overcast so there wasn't a hot hot sun, and it never got above the mid-eighties, even when the sun finally peeked out with about 10 miles left to go. It was still humid (and hot), but to nowhere the extent it has been the last few GTRs. Also, the route was amazing. Slow rollers, a few "climbs", but nothing bad or unpleasant. The way back was a little uphill, but not to the point where you couldn't still spin up it. I caught and passed some people, too, on the way back. That was pretty satisfying. I wish Cville weren't so far away, because I could seriously ride that route every day and not complain. It was amazing.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 34.4 mph
Average speed: 15.4 mph
Distance: 55.25 mi
Time: 3.34.51

This was my longest ride EVER, so it's SUPER great to have had such a positive experience. Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment