Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Training Ride - Wednesday, 7 July

Tonight I am in Cumming, so I joined one of the rides out here. Apparently they ride the same route every Wednesday, so there aren't any cue sheets or anything. This is important, because it meant that I started off with the C (beginner -- in every sense of the word) group, as the B2 group (the next slowest) averages 17-18 mph and I am not that fast (or maybe I am and just haven't pushed myself).

The website said that the groups ride 28 miles, but the C group only ride 18 miles, and I didn't find that out until 9 miles in, when we had stopped (to, as it turns out, turn around and go back). That was a little disappointing, but still an enjoyable ride. The people were nice, and a couple of the ladies I rode with said that they often join the B2 group and pull up the rear. Except for dropping my chain (and getting it jammed in the front rings) it was good.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 35.6 mph
Average speed: 15.4 mph
Distance: 8.01 mi
Time: 1.10.09

The schedule that TNT sent out was formatted wonky, but if I read it correctly (not a given), this is the week that we go from 3 to 4 (5?) weekly rides, and all of those should have their mileage upped. I don't think 18 miles is going to cut it, but I did ride to and from school yesterday (and walked like 7 miles the last two days), so that counts for something, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment