Thursday, August 19, 2010

Training Ride - Wednesday, 18 August

Last night, D and I rode the Silver Comet. We left at 6, and by the end it was obvious that the sun is setting earlier. That's very exciting, as it means the end of 95+ degree days is nigh. That didn't mean that yesterday was any cooler, but, under the canopy of the trail and in the twilight, it was mostly bearable.

Yesterday was also the first day I tried out my bike after I got it fit two weeks ago. Despite some cramping in my feet (I adjusted the cleats at Floyd and there was no more problem), I liked it. It will take a little getting used to, the shorter/lower stem, but there wasn't any pain and I felt good.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 22.0 mph
Average speed: 13.8 mph
Distance: 27.37 mi
Time: 1.58.17

I think I'll be in good shape for the centuries I have planned for fall. How exciting! I hope to keep up my training, to a degree, so that I will hit the ground running come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment