Sunday, March 20, 2011

Training ride - Saturday, 19 March

This ride was very long (not distance-wise, just time-wise). We rode from Vinings past Six Flags in a simple, though a little hilly, out-and-back. Like always, it was worth it, but towards the end I really just wanted to stretch my legs and go. Based on how I'm feeling today (and how I felt for the rest of yesterday after the ride), it's probably just as well that I didn't. I have been absolutely exhausted lately; low energy and generally weak feeling. At least the ride was good, even though I didn't have the energy to go for the usual Stone Mountain ride this morning.

I'm not feeling particularly loquacious at this juncture, so I'll put in the stats.

Stats:

Maximum speed: 33.8 mph
Average speed: 11.6 mph (waaaaaaaaaaaay slow... at the SAG, I'd been at 13.2)
Distance:  35.64 mi
Time: 3.l02.42

I'll leave with this: it was slow because I was riding at the back of the pack with an alum who's had knee surgery and back problems, and so isn't as strong as she might otherwise be, but still had an incredible attitude the whole ride. That is why it was worth it. We're a TEAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment