Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weekday Ride - Wednesday, 16 March

Today was a great day for a number of reasons.

1. I got shit done at KSU, which is the first time that has happened this semester.
2. I got from school to home, let out and fed the puppy, got changed and loaded, and got to Atkins Park in the middle of rush hour in under half an hour. This may not mean anything to those of you not familiar with what this feat entails, but it was pretty freaking sweet.

I'll come back to 3 after talking about the ride. Tonight was an awesome intown ride; saw some familiar faces (Warren rode with us!) and met a number of new people. I am really looking forward to the season's weekday rides, because it means after training is over I'll still have regular groups to ride with.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 36.9 mph
Average speed: 12.6 mph
Distance: 15.41 mi
Time: 1.13.16

And, back to 3. Today, thanks to everyone who has so graciously and generously donated their hard-earned money, I surpassed my fundraising goal. That's an incredible feat, but I'm not finished! I'm going to keep going and working to improve the lives of blood cancer patients and families. I won't forget, however, that I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment