Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Two Rides - Thursday, 28 July and Sunday, 29 July

I really need to get better about updating this immediately after a ride, and not days after. In any event, this Thursday H was unable to join us at the Brookhaven ride because of a sprained ankle. I took the opportunity to ride with V a little bit and then, at her urging, really stretched the legs and pushed. Didn't get a full-out PR, but it was a tie from earlier in the season.

Thursday was also notable for the arrival of the Aflac tri tank V got for my birthday. I wore it on the ride, and I LOVED it. It fit great, felt great, and I felt fast. Looked great, too, I'm told, but no mirrors in parking lots.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 29.2 mph
Average speed: 15.5 mph
Distance: 20.03 mi
Time: 1.16.59


====

I took Saturday off because of the housewarming the night before. I woke up on time, but we didn't have it in us to drive up to Cville for a ride. Laziness, pure laziness. And I packed. Instead, I rode with KSR on Sunday and it was good. I took the first 8 miles slowly with a lady who has just come back to cycling this season (and was new to clipless pedals) and then rode the rest of the way to the mountain by myself. I did NOT loop around the mountain, and just sat on my ass for a while. Rode back to brunch with the B group, and about midway back I felt great and just pushed the rest of the way. Great ride, great people, and good brunch (too much egg).

Stats:

I don't know. They got lost in my phone somewhere, so this is by memory.

Maximum speed: 29 ish
Average speed: 14.5 mph
Distance: 30.01 mi
Time: 2.04.00 roughly

Good memory.

I've commute uneventfully this week, with the notable exception that every route to campus from the south (North Ave, W Peachtree, Luckie) has road construction with massive plates now. Add to the that general pittiness of Atlanta roads and you have one frustrated Urban Cyclist.

I'll conclude this post with the interesting note that, by the end of my commute today I will have surpassed 2000 miles for the year. Best Year Evar!

No comments:

Post a Comment