Friday, September 2, 2011

Brookhaven (a week ago!) - Thursday, 25 August

Google has taken over the world. I say this because I'm not sure you're aware of it. How do I know this is the case? I can log in with my google ID and I can shop, upload this blog, go to G+, talk with my friends, and manage my email and calendar (not to mention search scholarly articles and browse books, etc) with that one login.

Benevolent... for now.

Anyway, last week I rode Brookhaven with the usual suspects. That, and the occasional commute to school, has been the entirety of my training for next weekend's Olympic-distance Nation's Tri in DC. I'll get to that later (what? I didn't even review the PTC sprint from two weeks ago? Who am I?) This urban cyclist has had a pretty good go of it in Brookhaven the last few weeks. Spurred on by an all-time PR at the PTC tri in the bike leg (19.6mph over 14 miles), I realized I have been lollygagging on these other rides. I push, but not hard. Without AK there, I have no one around my ability to compete with.... the front is too fast (though I do like to keep up with them, or try to, for as long as I can), and, with the Tahoe season over, fewer TNT riders are making it a regular thing.

Anyway, I had a good ride.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 29.9 mph
Average speed: 15.7 mph
Distance: 20.16 mph
Time: 1.16.37

This was the 5th 100-mile week since Fletcher, which isn't bad. The current week will NOT see me hit 100 miles, though next week there is a slight chance (it would have to happen before Thursday). I love riding my bike, and I kind of hate having the car back, in that I use it as a crutch (I recognize this in myself) for getting around. I come up with all sorts of excuses (I'm going to run/swim at school, etc) and then don't even follow through on those. I really liked commuting so frequently (read: daily) this summer when I didn't have the car, and I'm going to make it a goal to get back to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment