Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Quilt Complete!

Just in time to start a new raffle project for 2012! 

Congratulations, Curtis!

As you can see, it came out quite nicely. Special thanks to ARA for doing a great job with the long-arm quilter and doing the actual quilting for me. It's great (it's butterflies!)

You're a lucky son-of-a-gun.
There was a bit of drama, wherein I realized that I didn't have enough fabric for the border (at least, not enough of stuff that I wanted to keep), and ARA came through again. This is the Sticks and Stones pattern from Black Cat Creations--a fat quarter quilt that went together easily (once I got the cutting right-measure twice, cut once and all that). I had a good time making this quilt, and I think I'll use the pattern again: you don't have to get the same quilt twice! You can rotate and place the sticks and stones blocks wherever you like in relation to each other (a challenge using neutrals) until you get the finished size. It's great!

Check back here for more incentive updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment