Sunday, January 1, 2012

An Urban Cyclist's Resolution

Dear Readers, this year your friendly Urban Cyclist is taking the easy way out, costing only what some of you would consider a small amount of money and a slightly more sizeable amount of time. I am going to continue the fight against blood cancers and, by extension, all cancers by mentoring a growing Tahoe team on 3 June. To do this, I will raise more money than either of the previous two seasons. I am also going to participate in at least one olympic-distance triathlon (in May), and this is going to cost me only the price of registration and a new pair of running shoes.

What can I say? I want to make the world a better place, for me and for everyone else.

You can help, too, by hitting the little "donate now" button there on the right of my blog. Get in on the ground floor, that's what I say. There will be another raffle this year, and a really cool event will come together for those more local to me.Get in on the action early and there just may be a benefit to you for doing so, before the non-tax-related incentives kick in.

I start riding again (building my own base) this week, so also keep an eye here for training progress, per usual.

Happy New Year! Let's make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment