Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Am an Ultimate Cyclist

And I have the t-shirt to prove it. Last night was the first of 22 training sessions with the the Ultimate Cycling Group www.ultimatecyclinggroup.com/ . There is a $5 charge for whining, which keeps me in check because I am broke and don't carry even $1 with me.

This was the first time I'd ever done a cycling or spin class, and I was a bit apprehensive at first, for at least the following two reasons:

1. While the class is for all levels of athlete, I still didn't know where/whether I'd fit in.
2. I find half an hour on the trainer to be mind-numbing, and didn't think I could make it through an hour and a half.

I made it, and it was the most pleasant hour and a half I've ever spent on the trainer. I worked up a good sweat, I got my heart rate going (it's how the class is conducted). I feel good today, to the point where I wonder if I could have worked harder last night (but I was in the right heart rate zones, so I probably *shouldn't* have). I'm looking forward to the remaining classes.

There are some awesome and inspiring people there (one lady is training for a double ironman, which is appalling), as well as a number of friends from Team in Training ( www.teamintraining.org ). I'm looking forward to becoming a faster and stronger cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment