Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fundraising - Update

Ash Wednesday is upon us, and I am happy to report that, as of 11:59p last night, I had reached my fundraising goal of $2,750, which should be reflected on the website in the next couple of weeks or so. This was in no small way accomplished with the help of good and generous friends, my Aunt's loving devotion of time and money toward the quilt making (AND to offset the cost of cookie supplies AND the gifting of a cookie scoop), and an abject concern for my hairy scalp. It remains, to this day, hairy as ever -- my mother is thrilled.

I must say, I am surprised at the direction of the voting; I really thought that seeing me with a shaved head FOR CANCER would have been a real draw. Not so.

In any event, I am so grateful to everyone who has donated, via the Superbowl Pool, the cookie sales, for the quilt raffle, or just because they are generous and caring people who like to help out when and how they can.

So... thank you!  I have reached my stated goal, but will continue fundraising this season. Final funds are due Friday, 11 May; for those of you not in the know, that is my birthday AND a week after I'll officially have my third MS, and I'll have you know that I plan to milk it for all it's worth. There is still so much work to be done in the fight against cancer: my setting a low goal doesn't change that. There are cookies to be sold and a quilt to win! Let the giving continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment