Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Friend Rob

Friends,

I just got home from a celebration for my friend Rob Mosca. Rob's lovely wife and talented son hosted the party in his honor today, just two weeks after his passing of glioblastoma - brain cancer. I am not the writer that any of the Moscas are, so this prosiest of prose is meant to express my gratitude to Rob and his wife Chris for "adopting" me into their family when I moved back to GA nearly three years ago. I cherished our talks of politics, history, and Glee, while talk of Steampunk and Dragon*Con went right over my head. They truly were a second family while I lived at Post.

Now, with Chris' enthusiastic blessing, I have the bittersweet honor of dedicating this season of Team in Training to Rob. A typical example of Rob's grace: he donated his cells so that they may be used to advance research of glioblastomas, that other people and families don't have to suffer they way he and his did. Rob was a kind, thoughtful man, and I am so grateful that our lives intersected, sorry only that it was for so short a time.

Thank you, Rob. Thank you, Chris, for letting me do this for him. I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment