Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kirkwood Sunday Ride - Sunday, 5 February

Today was the first day of the regroup-not-no-drop version of the KSR, and I think it worked pretty well. The "A" group (G, S, and me... sort of) kept up a pretty lively (for me) pace out to and, to an extent, around the mountain. As G said, while I passed him on the way out "you're really going after it today". And you know what? He was right. I had to ride hard because of the light GTR on Saturday, to prove that I COULD do the KSR faster than I had been, and to assuage the guilt I felt for leaving the girls in the "B" group back in Kwood because one of them was going to be late (they left 15-20 minutes after we did). And it felt GREAT. I was sore and tired, and I could tell I was going to feel it the rest of the day, but it was a really, really good ride.

We did a short loop around the mountain, which I totally botched coming up the Plantation hill, killing my quads too early and making me limp in to the finish. And, the ride back wasn't quite as spirited, but I took the roads and enjoyed it.  It was a great ride.

Stats:
Maximum speed: 32.8 mph
Average speed: 14.3 mph
Distance: 33.15 mi
Time: 2.18.01

My computer is starting to irk me: it somehow missed 2 miles yesterday, so those stats are only approximate. Boo. If I miss 3000 miles this year by 2, I'm going to be cheesed.

No comments:

Post a Comment