Saturday, November 17, 2012

Running... and walking a little, too

This week I rode on Sunday (a really good day with A and M) on the usual KSR route. It's nice to be able to just enjoy that ride and ride with whom I want without having to worry about making up for training.

I also ran on Tuesday and Wednesday and, of course, this morning. I did not run on Thursday (again), and this week I didn't have much of an excuse besides time's getting away from me and then having to make (tasty) mushroom soup. I know that if I want to get the most out of this season and training I have to get out there each day, and as I'm already cycling instead of running on Sundays I don't think I can afford to miss another run day.

Don't worry: as far as rest days go, I am very honest about sticking to them.

This morning was D's first GTS with the team, and it was nice to have someone to run with. She woke up dehydrated (probably from having the heat on, it's finally getting cool here) and didn't feel fantastic while on the course. So, I was happy for the excuse to walk a little bit and, all told, we still ended up running the bulk of it.

Not bad for  a cool and sunny Saturday.


I forgot to start the GPS until about 3/4 of a mile in, so these stats are from Diane's Strava:

Stats:
Average pace: 11.20 min/mi
Distance: 3.6 mi (including warm up)
Time: 0.40.45 (including warm up)
Average Heart Rate (this one's mine): 134

No comments:

Post a Comment